Information Interventions @ CUNY series (co-sponsored by LACUNY Scholarly Communications Roundtable, JustPublics@365, Graduate Center Library, CUNY Office of Library Services, and Office of Career Planning and Professional Development):
- “Open Access to Scholarly Literature: Which Side Are You On?” Graduate Center, October 25, 2013.
- “To Catch a Predator: How to Recognize Predatory Journals and Conferences,” Graduate Center, November 15, 2013.
- “Open Books, Not Open Wallets: How Open Educational Resources Help Students Spend Less and Learn More,” Graduate Center, March 7, 2014
- “You Know What You Write, But Do You Know Your Rights? Understanding and Protecting Your Rights As an Author,” Graduate Center, March 28, 2014.
- “Share It Now or Save It for Later: Making Choices about Dissertations and Publishing,” Graduate Center, May 1, 2014.
STELLA (Science, Technology & Engineering Library Leaders in Action) 2012 Unconference (co-organizer and host), Brooklyn College, November 9-10, 2012.
Losing Your Patience with Patrons?: What to Do When Good Reference Shifts Go Bad (co-organizer), METRO Reference Special Interest Group, June 14, 2012.
You Know What You Write, But Do You Know Your Rights?: Understanding and Protecting Your Rights as an Author (organizer), Open Access Week 2011, Brooklyn College, October 27, 2011.
A Timely Time-Traveling Double Feature (“Back to the Future: Reference in a Post-Virtual World” and “Modern Times: Updating Reference Interviews to Include Open Access”) (co-organizer), METRO Reference Special Interest Group, October 6, 2011.
ACRL Scholarly Communication 101 Road Show (planning committee member), Brooklyn College, June 3, 2011.
Open Access Week 2010 (planning committee member), Brooklyn College, October 18-22, 2010.
OpenSciNY (co-planner), NYU, May 14, 2010.
STELLA (Science, Technology & Engineering Library Leaders in Action) Unconference (co-organizer), University of Denver, January 8-9, 2010.
LibCampNYC 2009 (co-organizer), Brooklyn College Library and METRO, June 3, 2009.
Firefox Plug-In Showcase (co-organizer), LACUNY Emerging Technologies Committee and METRO, April 3, 2009.
IRB Workshop (co-organizer), LACUNY Junior Faculty Research Roundtable and LACUNY Professional Development Committee, February 26, 2009.
Google Chrome, Google Docs, and the Explosion of Cloud Computing (co-organizer), LACUNY Emerging Technologies Committee, November 19, 2008.
Free and Open Source Software for Librarians: Why Software Freedom Matters (co-organizer), LACUNY Emerging Technologies Committee, July 10, 2008.